Gantry Milling Machine
The new gantry milling machine has the capacity to machine large-scale components made from aluminum, steel, stainless steel and nickel-base alloys, and what’s more with a 3% accuracy on 19000mm !
For the machining of large-scale components, Groupe CMA has invested in exceptional means with the purchase of a Forest-Line MAJORMILL 470 TAG 19000 x 4700 x 3250 Gantry Milling Machine.
Groupe CMA’s managers opted for this solution because they wanted to fulfill two objectives :
- to provide their customers with a global solution in terms of machining & mechanical welding of very large-scale components,
- from a wider point of view, to meet the machining needs for large-scale components with very high degrees of accuracy on a market featuring weak sub-contract supply.
Specifications of this gantry milling machine
The performance of Groupe CMA’s new gantry milling machine also enables the company to reach 3/100 flatness and straightness accuracy on 19000mm !
Specifications of Forest-Line MAJORMILL 470 TAG Gantry Milling Machine :
- Longitudinal (X) travel : 19000
- Passage between columns : 4700
- Vertical (Y) travel : 5500
- Spindle nose to table : 3250
- 5 axis
- Spindle power : 60 kW
- Spindle speed 6000 rpm